Friday, August 30, 2013

Review: Long Simmering Spring


Long Simmering Spring
Long Simmering Spring by Elisabeth Barrett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The third book in the Star Harbor Series and told the story of the second oldest brother, Cole Grayson.

I love the first book in the series (Deep Autumn Heat) and a little bit let down by the second book (Blaze of Winter) so I don't know what to expect when I picked up my Kindle.

Good news is this book is on par with the first book, which I really like.

This book explored the relationship between Cole, the sheriff and Julie, the town's doctor. Those two characters already met since they lived in the same town but the attraction was ignored. By Julie because of her workaholic and by Cole due to his complication with PTSD. But finally those two came together for both professional (they worked together to catch the bad guy) and personal relationship (when the attraction was too great to ignore).

This is the love story focus on Cole and Julie. The sub-plot about catching the drug dealers was not interesting enough to become anything more. But I like this way of story telling. I think it become what I expected from the Star Harbor Series.

I like the characters both hero and heroine for their determination to fight for love. Early in the story it was Julie, the heroine who hesitated about the feeling she had for Cole. I like that the hero was the one who convinced her to try to have a relationship. Usually in romance it was always the hero who ran away from love. Cole is my favorite Grayson brother so far. He may not have charms like Sebastian but I like his intensity, his wound. Although I think the issues of PTSD was taken a little bit too lightly. It had been mentioned throughout the story but Cole never returned to get any medical help. It was postponed one way or another until the end. Based on the story, I expected more than this.

In all, this book gave me exactly what I wanted in contemporary romance. It may not go that deep in my heart but it is a good book.

I got this book via NetGalley. (And that is the reason I wrote this review in English)





View all my reviews

No comments: